ENBIS Spring Meeting 2019 in Barcelona13 – 14 June 2019 Abstract submission: 15 January – 20 May 2019
The 2019 ENBIS Spring Meeting will be organized together by ISEA, the International Statistical Engineering Association (www.isea-change.org) and ENBIS. It will take place on June 13th and 14th, 2019, in Barcelona (Spain), hosted by UPC|BarcelonaTech
Aim of the meeting
Statistical engineering pursues the systematic study of how to solve complex problems using data. As the problems to be solved are complex, the solution often requires the integration of different approaches: statistical concepts and tools, but also other knowledge from relevant disciplines. The aim of the meeting is discussing on the emerging discipline of statistical engineering. The following topics will be covered:
- What is statistical engineering, and why it is the right time for it.
- Why statistical engineering is different from applied statistics or data science.
- How the idea originated and evolved.
- Case studies of statistical engineering.
- Statistical engineering in Europe: what's in it for European professionals and companies.
For organizational inquiries, please contact Lluís Marco-Almagro (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For questions about payments and invoices related to the meeting, please contact the ENBIS Treasurer Andrea Ahlemeyer-Stubbe (email@example.com).
For general questions about ENBIS like membership, please contact the ENBIS Permanent Office (firstname.lastname@example.org).